Libro is a non adhesive liquid embolic agent for embolization
of brain Arteriovenous Malformations
Libro is a non adhesive liquid embolic agent for embolization of brain Arteriovenous Malformations (AVM). It is composed of EVOH (ethylene vinyl alcohol copolymer) with suspended micronized Tantalum powder for radiopacity and DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) solvent. Libro must be injected through a DMSO compatible microcatheter. DMSO solvent dissipates into the blood, causing the EVOH copolymer and suspended tantalum to precipitate in situ into a spongy, coherent embolus. Libro is immediately forms a skin as the polymeric embolus solidifies from the outside to the inside, while traveling more distally in the lesion.
• Neuro Aneurysms and AVM’s
• Intracranial aneurysms, endoleaks
• Short prosedure time
. • High power visibility
• Micronized grain size of tantalum powder
• Libro is available in three product formulations, Libro (6% EVOH)
• Libro (6.5% EVOH) and Libro (8% EVOH)
• Libro (6% EVOH), Libro (6.5% EVOH) Recommended when feeding pedicle injections will be conducted close to the nidus.
• Libro(8% EVOH): Recommended for embolizing higher flow and larger fistulous components.